Monday, February 25, 2008

Eat to the Greet

"Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist." G.K Chesterton said that, and I, like, totally disagree!

So welcome to our blog. The "our" refers to Nicole and myself, April. We’ve been super BFFs for a long while now and we only like two things: food and music. Okay okay, we may like a few more things, but we promise not to talk about them here. You see, what we’re trying to do here at Eat to the Beat is super important. We’re eating at restaurants. We’re going to shows. We’re cooking stuff. We’re listening to records. And, get this, we’re going to tell you about it!

On the slight chance that people besides our friends are reading this blog, I’ll give you some mini bios. Nicole lives in East Nashville. She’s off to grad school for library science in the fall. She’s into Anthony Bourdain, books and being awesome. I live more towards Murfreesboro. I’m finishing my Spanish degree in December. I dig kitties, drive-in theaters and baking things for you. If you spied on us, you’d probably find us pilfering through thrift stores, breaking it down to Blackstreet and Montell Jordan or just having some laughs with our friends. You love us and we love you.

So, G.K. Chesterton, I just wiki’d you and you may have been an influential English writer of the early 20th century, but you are certainly not welcome here at our blog. Because eatin’ food while listenin’ to music is so 21st century it hurts.
America '08,
April

5 comments:

Brett said...

America indeed! I'm way so digging this. No bloggity, I want to bag this up!

I think I hate myself for this comment.

Christopher said...

This is great stuff! I'm so excited about all my friends blogs! I might have to jump on this trend toot sweet!

Jenny said...

you guys are too cute.

i'll make sure to read your restaurant reports til rock and roll camp comes around again. =)

-jenny

Goose said...

I'll probably be eating out in Nashville a lot after I graduate, so I'm really glad people I know and trust are doing this. Thanks! By the way, anyone been to Athens in Berry Hill? I got sent out there for my internship the other day, and I can vouch for the stuffed grape leaves. Apparently they're open 24 hours on the weekends? Greek and breakfast stuff, yum. By the way, I heard G. K. Chesterton eats violinists.

Christopher said...

Stephen,
I have been to the breakfast at Athens and can defintiely give it a very high recommendation. The seating is a little cramped, so you might have to put in a little waiting time, but it is definitely worth it. The Goat Cheese Omelette is the best and it is really cheap eats. I need to give the dinner menu a try sometime.