Friday, April 8, 2011

Meditteranean Quinoa Salad

Just a quick post to share a great recipe I found via Tastespotting. I recently bought 4 pouches of red quinoa via Amazon and was dragging my feet with finding recipes to use it in.

I saw this recipe and luckily had most of the ingredients on hand. I made it last night with a few modifications. I didn't have kalamata olives so I used capers in order to still get that brine-y, salty flavor. I also omitted the oregano because I normally don't enjoy dried oregano (it makes me think of pizza!).

The result was pretty great. It had tons of flavor and was pretty healthy to boot!

And now for my first food photo since returning to blogging....



So yeah, not great. But better than nothing. Expect more crappy iphone photos in the future! I'm working on a big post on all the amazing food I ate while in Philadelphia last week. Stay tuned!

No comments: